3.) What happens after the portrait session?- step 3
4.) Delivery and Care of your Artwork from Your Pet Portrait session- Step 4
Your ordering appointment is completed, you have given your final approval and payment. Your filled with anticipation for your final product. How long can you expect to wait? If you have been following this 4 part series, we have finally arrived at the final step. if you missed any- follow the links above.
Delivery of Artwork
Prints/digitals generally take about 3 weeks from time of order to complete the final retouching and processing.
I have searched for products that are of the highest quality and some of these companies are from around the world therefore Wall Art/Albums can take 6-8 weeks from final approval. Consider the turn around time for these in order to place your order with enough time to allow for normal delays.
If you are within my local area and have determined where your art is going to hang, I will come to install your artwork. I can’t wait to see the happy faces and wagging tails.
For those not in my local area, your artwork will be delivered. Be sure to tag me with a snapshot of you with your Artwork so I can share in the moment.
Care of Artwork
Prints and Artwork
- It is best to be sure hands are clean and dry when handling your Artwork The natural oils from our skin may mar the print. Wearing cotton lint free gloves while handling provides the best protection. Holding the print at the edges is also recommended.
- Keep out of Direct Sunlight- Even quality photographic papers do not like to be in the direct light for long.
- Keep away from heavy dust, smoke or pollutants which may discolor your prints.
- Do not store in a place with high humidity
- Clean prints with a soft rag or a can of compressed air (short quick spurts)
- For framed artwork: Clean glass by spraying cleaner onto a soft cloth then wiping the glass. Do not spray directly on glass as the liquid may leek under. Clean plexiglass or acrylic with a mild detergent solution following the same method.
- Download your files and make an extra copy …or two
- Save copies in multiple places including you local hard drive, but also consider some cloud storage.
- A print release will be provided for purchased digital files.
Social media files are provided free of charge for any image purchased for artwork, share them with your friends and family.
Nancy Kieffer Photography is the copyright holder for these images and you have been given a personal license based on your purchase. Written permission must be obtained from the studio if you wish to use images for commercial purposes or contests.
Now that you know the whole process, it is time to schedule you free inquiry consultation. Pick ONE below:
I look forward to our Conversation.
This post is part of circular blog with other Professional Pet Photographers from all over the world. Our goal is to focus on a particular topic/assignment each week and put our own spin on it. Follow the next link to view how the next amazing photographer tackles this weeks challenge. Follow each link at the end of each blog until you return to me. Then you have successfully completed our blog circle. Enjoy!
+++++ NOW head over to:
Angela Schneider of Big White Dog Photography in Spokane, WA, helping you care for the art from Adventure Day session.
Come and find your Best Friend!
Second Chance has a unique program near Syracuse N.Y. where inmates train the rescued dogs. This program gives both the dogs and the inmates a second chance in life. Appointments currently required related to Covid-19 protocols.
BANDIT is waiting for his forever home.
Please contact Friends of Second Chance.
Friends of Second Chance Canine Adoption Shelter
6660 E. Seneca Turnpike
Jamesville, NY 13078
Capture your journey with your pet. Nancy Kieffer is a pet and nature photographer serving Central New York, the Adirondacks and Beyond. Capture how you share your life with your pet! It may be a vacation adventure or curled up on the couch. Travel assignments welcomed.