It is a shame how Pit Bull’s have a bad reputation. 95% of pit bull’s I have encountered are loving, affectionate and goofy. The other 5% came from unknown circumstances or were from abuse cases that affected them. Working with rescues we often encounter abandoned, loose pit bull mixes that are in need of homes. Here are a few that stole my heart.Read More
One of my regrets is not having more pictures of him. Especially images of the two of us together, doing the things we always did together. I do have a couple selfies and a couple images my sister took, but they don’t truly show the bond we had with each other. At that time I said that I would not let that happen again, and decided that if I felt that way, other owners probably felt the same. Nancy Kieffer photography was born out of my own tragedy and that is why I want to capture your journey through life with your pet.Read More
These tips are for those of you that would love to get a photo with your reactive dog, but don’t know how to achieve it. These are tips you can work on with your dog, but when scheduling our consultation, this is one of the important things to discuss with me as I can tailor the session specifically in ways that will lessen the chances of your dog being triggered.Read More
Basking in the fun play and cuddles from the dogs I photograph is certainly a treat for me, but capturing the dogs essence, much less his attention, requires a photographer to have a few tricks up her sleeve. Here are a couple of the tricks that I utilize throughout the photo session.Read More
The belief is that the horses first came to the island when a Spanish galleon ship sank off the shore of Assateague. Assateague is an Island that is about 37 miles long and runs through both Maryland and Virginia. In order to manage the horses, the two states have divided them into two herds which they each manage separately. Virginia is well known for the pony swims in the spring which drive their herd a short distance from Assateague to Chincoteague where the pony’s are auctioned off to maintain control of the numbers in the herd. Maryland residents that I talked with are very proud that they don’t auction off their pony’s and they are kept wild. However, I later learned that they are able to maintain the numbers of the herd by using contraceptive darts on the females.Read More
When I am with a client or at the shelter, I often find it hard to put down my camera. Whether we are actively working on a pose, or taking break our furry clients are forever striking awesome poses. I have been known to “finish” a session only to lift my camera again as we…Read More
Prints/digitals generally take about 3 weeks from time of order to complete the final retouching and processing.
I have searched for products that are of the highest quality and some of these companies are from around the world therefore Wall Art/Albums can take 6-8 weeks from final approval. Consider the turn around time for these in order to place your order with enough time to allow for normal delays.Read More
During our photo session we will have determined the date and location of our ordering appointment. The appointment can take place either in person at your home or via zoom. either way we have our meeting- the first goal is to let you view your images in a slideshow to allow you to sit back and enjoy the process and the results.Read More
Once you have tentatively reserved your session date and have returned your contract and retainer, you will receive a confirmation for your session. Now what?
First things are first. It is not time to be stressed out wondering if your dog will behave. I hopefully will have alleviated your fears during out zoom consultation. I will send you a session guide which provides you plenty of information regarding the session.
You look at your dog and think- It’s time to get professional photos. Whatever the reason, whether it’s a new puppy, an aging dog or detailing your journey through life together. However you are not sure how to begin. Do you call any photographer or are there special ones that know animal behavior?Read More